News You Can Use - 5/1/19
Car Wash Fundraiser
Crew Carwash coupons are on sale from May 1st (today) through May 29, 2019 and may be purchased directly from students and the LCPAA office. Crew Carwash Paper Coupons - $10 and earn $3.50 toward student accounts. (All coupons must be paid for up front.) Click here to access the order form.
Many senior parents have students graduating and we need new LCPAA Board members. Please consider helping to fill an important role in this organization. The next LCPAA Full Board meeting will be on Monday, May 6th at 6:45 PM in the Choir Room. All parents or guardians with children in the Performing Arts are invited to attend. Enter at Door 10.
Please be sure to check and use the LCPAA Master and Performance Group calendars posted on the website. These calendars include the what, when and where for performing arts student activities.
See below for events for the remainder of the school year scheduled as planned:
- Crew Car Wash fundraiser begins - May 1st.
- Spring Jazz Night – Theater at the Fort – Wednesday, May 1st at 7pm.
- Spring Dance Recital – Caroline V. Hanna Auditorium – Thursday, May 2nd at 7pm. Tickets are $3 presale in the Performing Arts office until 4pm on Thursday, May 2nd and $5 at the door.
- Gospel Choir Concert – Theater at the Fort – Friday, May 3rd at 7pm.
- ISSMA State Concert Band Finals – The LC Wind Ensemble will be performing at Lawrence Central High School – Saturday, May 4th at 11:50am.
- ISSMA State Concert Band Finals – Caroline V. Hanna Auditorium – Saturday, May 4th All day. LC hosts this contest and we need more volunteers for the day. Please contact Volunteer Coordinators if you are able to help: text or call (317)374-7463 or e-mail lcpaavolunteers@PROTECTED or call PA office at (317)964-7450.
- LCPAA Board Meeting – Monday, May 6th – 6:45-7:45pm - Choir Room - Enter Door 10.
- Theatre: One Acts - Studio Theater – Monday & Tuesday, May 6th & 7th – 7pm.
- LT Percussion Recital – Tuesday, May 7th – 7pm at LN.
- Spring Orchestra and Band Concert – Caroline V. Hanna Auditorium – Wednesday, May 8th - 6pm.
- Thespian Initiation – Studio Theater – Thursday, May 9th – 7pm.
- Senior Recital for Theater – Studio Theater - Friday, May 10th – 7-9pm.
- Lawrence Township Winter Percussion – Season Celebration and Awards Night - May 11th – 4 - 6pm.
- MPLT Kick Off & Reveal – Caroline V. Hanna Auditorium – Monday, May 13th at 6:30pm. This event is for all students interested in participating in the Marching Pride of Lawrence Township marching band. Next year’s show theme will be presented for the first time!
- Spring Thing Choir Concert – Caroline V. Hanna Auditorium – Tuesday, May 14th at 7pm. Tickets are $3 presale in the Performing Arts office until 4pm on Tuesday, May 14th and $5 at the door.
- Performing Arts Awards Night – Caroline V. Hanna Auditorium – Thursday, May 16th at 7pm. This event is the awards night for all Performing Arts students.
- Spring Show Choir Showcase – Caroline V. Hanna Auditorium – Friday, May 17th at 7pm. Tickets are $3 presale in the Performing Arts office until 4pm on Tuesday, May 17th and $5 at the door.
- MPLT Leadership Retreat – at LN and LC – Saturday, May 18th All Day. This event is for all students who are participating in leadership in the Marching Pride of Lawrence Township marching band.
- Theater Academy Awards – PERK – Monday, May 20th – 7pm.
- Disney Meeting (for Show Choirs) – Tuesday, May 21st – 6:30pm in Auditorium.
- Disney Meeting (for any interested PA students) – Tuesday, May 21st – 7:30pm in Auditorium.
- Fridays at the Fort – Lawrence Township Night – Lawrence Civic Center (behind Jockamo’s Pizza on 56th Street) – Friday, May 24th at 6pm. Bring lawn chairs and listen to Belzer and LC Jazz Bands and other LT ensembles perform at this outdoor venue with food trucks available to purchase food and drink.
- The Central Sound performs at Crown Hill Cemetery – Monday, May 27th – Look for more info via Skyward.
- MPLT Rookie Camp – Lawrence North High School – Wednesday, May 29nd at 4:30pm. Check in outside of Door 16. For all leadership and any new members of MPLT.
- Scrip - Orders paid by check must be turned into the Performing Arts office no later than 12:00pm (noon) on Thursday, May 2nd & Thursday, May 16th. Also, look for Thank-Scrip-ing Day on Monday, May 13th. If you have not signed up for the Scrip fundraising program please visit the LCPAA fundraising page for information. Learn how you can start creating cash flow for your students account by making everyday purchases with Scrip. Scrip is your Personal Fundraiser that requires no order taking or selling of products. Scrip simply shifts the manner in which you pay for the goods and services you are already purchasing. Questions? Contact LCPAA Scrip Coordinator, Angela James at scrip@PROTECTED or 317-964-7450
- All Events - DVD orders are available for pickup in the office. Please pickup your order before the end of the school year.
- Orchestra Camp - Friday, June 1, 9AM to 3PM Monday, June 3, 9AM to 3PM and Tuesday, June 4, 2PM to 9:30PM (Graduation)
- LC Graduation Ceremony - Indiana Farmers Coliseum, Tuesday, June 4