Dear MPLT Families,
The Northeast Rotary Club (NE Rotary) is offering a fund raising opportunity for MPLT families. NE Rotary needs adult volunteers who are willing to bus tables & keep their assigned area “trash free” at Lucas Oil Stadium. Only a few volunteers would be needed when NE Rotary cannot fill all the work shifts. NE Rotary will apply a $100 credit directly to your child’s MPLT quota account for your efforts (either through LCPAA for an LC student or LNBand for an LN student). You will have to travel to Lucas Oil, pay for your own parking and work bussing tables for at least an 8 hour shift. Once your Performing Arts quota is paid, the remaining credit would be applied to pay Rose Parade expenses directly to “Music Travel”. No refunds of excess fees in student’s accounts will be given.
How to be considered:
- Send an email to email@example.com requesting access to a Doodle page with a list of all dates available and provide your contact information and student beneficiary name.
- Volunteers will be selected by the Directors with priority given to students with financial need/larger quota balance. Volunteers will be notified once we are notified by the NE Rotary.
- Selecting a work date from the below table is a commitment by you to work on that day if you are selected. Volunteers may amend date selection at any time up to 10 days priors to the event by updating their information on Doodle. If a volunteer is selected for an event and cannot work or is a no show on the day of the event, regardless of circumstance, no future NE Rotary volunteer opportunities will be offered to said volunteer.
- Once you are selected to volunteer, you will be e-mailed a packet that needs to be completed before you meet the NE Rotary member a predetermined location.
- After the volunteer has successfully completed the shift and the shift attendance has been verified by the NE Rotary, NE Rotary will disburse funds for credit to student accounts within approximately 2 weeks.
- You will be contacted 5 days before the event to verify that you have been chosen to volunteer for a specific date; Once you are assigned, you will be sent paperwork to complete & bring to check-in station
- Report to a check-in station with you completed paperwork 2.5 hours prior to event.
- Parking passes are available, but the parking pass lot is not close to the stadium. Paid parking (up to $20) is available closer to the stadium. Make sure you include time to walk from parking to report on time.
- A meal ticket is provided (sandwich or pizza and a drink from the concession stand).
- This is a physical job with no sitting except for a quick meal break. You will be on your feet the entire time.
- Wear dark pants and a t-shirt and comfortable black closed-toe shoes. You’ll be provided with a polo shirt (to put over your t-shirt) and apron upon arrival.
Please see the attachment for a schedule of available events.