Rehearsals and Performances:
- Friday, September 30 - Senior Night Football at LC
- Saturday, October 1 – Decatur Central and Ben Davis Invitational Double Header
- Itinerary for October 1
- Please bring cash when attending invitational competitions! Admission is $7 for adults and $5 for students (5 & up) and senior citizens at Decatur Central and Ben Davis.
- MPLT rehearsals will be at LN from October 3 -7. Equipment will be delivered to LN after Ben Davis. During the week, LC students will ride the shuttle to LN, leaving from door 11 at 4pm.
- Tuesday, October 4 - Side-by-Side Concert at LN
- A snack will be provided after rehearsal.
- Friday, October 7 - Senior Night Football at LN (We are the WTHR Operation Football Band of the week!)
Orders and Purchases:
- MPLT Photo Day will be on Thursday, September 29 at LC. Bateman Photography will be taking individual, section, group and senior photos.
- Download the order form here
- Individual photos will start at 4:30pm.
- Sections and group shots begin at 5:30pm.
- All marchers must be in attendance and in uniform by 5:30pm.
- Forms and money should be given directly to the photographer on the 29th.
- Parent helpers are needed from 4:30pm, to hand out plumes/gauntlets etc. Please contact Alicia Jackson at Alicia.firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Senior T-Shirt Order: Seniors, Commemorate your years with Marching Band with a custom Senior Shirt!!
- LN and LC versions are available and include 4 show logos on the back.
- Download the order form here
- Only one order will be placed - orders due October 3. NO late orders will be accepted.
- Contact Anne Williams at 317-793-8009 or email@example.com with questions.
- Souvenir Pride to Pasadena Drum Head: Click here for the order form for details on purchasing a 14” souvenir graphic drum head, manufactured by Remo. One order only, due 10/7/16.
- Pride to Pasadena T-Shirts: Several requests have been made for Pride to Pasadena shirts, so we are offering one last order.
- All orders due Friday, October 7th.
- Shirts are $10.00, make checks payable to the LT Foundation.
- If you need to replace a defective Pride to Pasadena t-shirt, please bring it to the Performing Arts office at LN or LC before October 7th, and we will order a replacement.
- BOA Grand Nationals Finals Ticket Pre Order:
- Please follow the link to Meal Plan’s SignUp.com to browse volunteer positions. Help feed our kids, they will love you for it! The Marching Band season really needs everyone to step up and volunteer!
- Crew is in need of ONE rolling cooler to borrow for the remainder of the marching band season. The cooler will be used to store drinks and snacks for Crew and will travel on the bus to and from competitions. If you have a cooler you would be willing to loan to the band for this use, please contact Amy Svendsen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Don't miss Fan Club Family Night each Thursday evening at practice, from 8:30 – 9:30pm. Typically, practice will end with at least one full run-through. This is our opportunity to get the Marching Pride fired up for their weekend performance by cheering them on! Fan Club Family Night is also your chance to connect with other Marching Pride parents, get answers to questions or concerns, hear important announcements, pick up spirit wear and much more! We hope to see you there!
- Fan Club items available for purchase:
- Car decals with the new MPLT logo - $5
- Across and Back and Pride to Pasadena buttons - $3
- Across and Back and Pride to Pasadena magnets and key chains - $3
- Parents of Seniors: Please be sure to clear your calendars so you can be recognized at senior night with your student prior to the football game. Watch for more information!
- Senior night for the LC students is September 30
- LN senior night is October 7.
- The Annual MPLT Hayride is set for Thursday, October 13. Buses will leave from LN after rehearsal and will return to LN at 9:30pm.
- The member/parent meeting for the 2016/17 Lawrence Township Winter Percussion season will be held Tuesday, October 18th from 7-8pm in the LC band room. Parents and performers will find out the season schedule, staff and show concept! All potential members and parents must be present.
PRIDE TO PASADENA
- Registration is currently closed to new participants for the Rose Parade trip to Pasadena. We are starting a waitlist in anticipation of having some spots to fill. If anyone would like to be added to the waitlist contact Music Travel & they will make sure the request is noted.
- So far, the fundraising has eliminated the last two payments of the trip, so $500 should have been credited to your marcher's account. We are continuing to work on fundraising for the next payment of $250, but we need your help. There are "Dine to Donate" nights planned at a variety of restaurants that you can attend. We still need help following up with businesses that we have contacted in the past.
- If you have paid in full & the fundraising payments put you over the total fees due, you have options:
- You could ask to have the overpayment placed in a scholarship fund for less fortunate students working towards paying for the trip
- After the trip has occurred, if you paid for the trip with money you earned from fundraising opportunities, the overage will be placed in your child's PA account (the money cannot be refunded in cash)
- Or, after the trip has occurred, if you have paid cash for the trip you will receive a refund of the overpayment from the Lawrence Township School Foundation, providing your quota accounts are paid in full.
- Text to Donate: Text MPLT to 72727 or click here to donate to the Pride to Pasadena Campaign!
- Check Payments: All LC Students: make checks to LCPAA, all LN Students: make checks to LN Band. Payments can be turned in to the PA Office at either school.
- Credit Card Payments: Visa, MasterCard and Discover payments can be made at:
- LC: In the Performing Arts Office, call 964 7550.
- LN: Go to http://lnband.com/fees.php, or call the LN Performing Arts Office at 964-7951.
- Contact Kimberly Corman (LC) at email@example.com or Alison Goller (LN) at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to set up a financial agreement.
Mark your Calendar:
Th 9/29 Rehearsal LC 6:30pm – 9:30pm
F 9/30 Rehearsal & Football Game - Senior Night LC 4:30pm-9:30pm
S 10/1 Decatur Central & Ben Davis Invitationals LC All Day
M 10/3 Rehearsal LN 4:30pm-6:30pm
Tu 10/4 Color Guard Rehearsal LC 7:00am
Tu 10/4 Rehearsal LN 4:30pm-6:30pm
Tu 10/4 Side-by-Side Concert LN 6:30pm – 8:00pm
Tu 10/4 Color Guard Rehearsal LC 6:30pm – 8:30pm
W 10/5 No Rehearsal
Th 10/6 Rehearsal LN 6:30pm – 9:30pm
F 10/7 Rehearsal & Football Game - Senior Night LN 4:30pm-9:30pm
S 10/8 No Rehearsal