(Mailing list information, including how to remove yourself,
is located at the end of this message.)
Mandatory Parent Meeting:
- There will be a Mandatory Parent Meeting for MPLT parents at LN on Wednesday, 6/27/18 from 7pm - 9pm
- The meeting will start in the LN Cafeteria with general MPLT information for ALL parents.
- We will discuss the 4th of July Parade, MPLT Fee Schedules, and the Competition Season.
- Important Band Camp information will be provided as well, including items students will need to bring with them each day, camp schedules, meal plan information, medical services, and more!
- After the general meeting, we will break out into two groups where LC and LN parents will be provided information specific to their school.
- Parents will have the opportunity to complete any necessary paperwork prior to band camp registration, including completing forms and financial agreements, signing up for volunteer opportunities, and paying fees. We will also discuss ways to utilize all of the great fundraising opportunities available to help lower your MPLT fees!
- Make Band Camp check-in faster and your Marching Season smoother! We will have a “Fast Pass” line at Band Camp Registration for those families who have completed their required forms and made payment arrangements prior to the first day of Band Camp.
Dine to Donate at Chili Verde:
- Join other parents and families of the Marching Pride for a meal at Chili Verde, before or after the Mandatory Parent Meeting!
- Visit anytime between 11am and 10pm on Wednesday, June 27th
- This offer is only valid at the Chile Verde located at 7369 N Shadeland Ave.
- Mention Marching Pride at checkout (applies to carry out also), and 33% of your bill will be donated to the MPLT Fan Club! See the attached flyer for more details.
2-9 Rehearsals and Forms:
- 2-9 Rehearsals will be at LN through July 3rd
- Are all of your student’s forms turned in?
- All forms must be completed by Band Camp Check-In on Sunday, July 22nd. Click here to be directed to the online registration form.
- The sports physical should be completed by 7/22/18.
- Click here for the full summer calendar.
- Reminder: Rehearsal starts at 10am this Friday, June 29th, due to the MPLT Evening DCI Field Trip in Muncie. Estimated arrival time back at LN is 11pm.
- Students will meet at LC on July 4th at 9am and walk over to the Parade. Estimated dismissal time is 12pm, at LC.
- All MPLT members are required to sign up for Remind 101 to receive important updates and messages. It is highly recommended that parents also sign up; this is the quickest way to get timely updates!
- To sign up, text @MPLTband to 81010
- All MPLT apparel orders will be completed online this year. Click here to see the options available and place your order.
- Parents who wish to purchase show shirts for the 4th of July parade will need to bring $15 cash the day of the parade to the LC Performing Arts office.
- To receive a show shirt in time for the first football game, online orders need to be placed no later than July 28th.
- MPLT Tag Day is this Saturday, June 30!
- Shift times vary; your student will be given specific instructions on what time they are to report to LN.
- MPLT performers will visit local businesses and request donations from their customers, who will then receive a “tag” (a Marching Pride sticker) as a thank-you. Some marchers will act as traveling musicians to help “drum up” business! Join our Facebook Tag Day event page!
- Parent Volunteers are needed to help chaperone this event!
- Marching Pride of Lawrence Township is hosting a My School Color Run on Saturday, August 18, 2018 at Lawrence Park. Save the date! This is a FUN run. Times don’t matter, but how much color you can accumulate does!
- The registration link is now live! This online registration is for the general public only.
- LN and LC Performing Arts students must submit a paper registration form to the LN or LC Performing Arts office in order to receive the discounted $12 registration fee. Click here to download the required form.
- Join our Facebook Color Run event page.
Student Account Payments:
- All payments will be made to your home school's booster organization:
- Contact your home school’s performing arts assistant for billing questions:
- More volunteers are always needed from both schools for all events and committees. How can you get involved?
- Band Camp: We're using SignUp.com to organize volunteers for the 2018 MPLT Band Camp. Contact Judy Everly at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Click this link for the 2018 MPLT Band Camp Sign Up on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/QJsNzrR
- Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
- Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com. Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact Judy Everly to sign up manually.
Save the Dates:
Day Date Event Location Time
Tu-Th 6/26-6/28 Rehearsal LN 2pm - 9pm
W 6/27 Mandatory Parent Meeting LN 7pm - 9pm
F 6/29 Rehearsal LN 10am – 4pm
F 6/29 DCI Field Trip Muncie 5pm – 11pm
Sa 6/30 Tag Day Community 8am - 4pm
M-Tu 7/2 – 7/3 Rehearsal LN 2pm - 9pm
W 7/4 Lawrence July 4th Parade LC 9am - 12pm
Su 7/22 Band Camp Registration & Rehearsal LC 2pm - 9:30pm
M-Sa 7/23-7/28 Band Camp LC 7am – 9:30pm
Sa 7/28 Parent Performance and Cookout LC 6pm - 8pm
Check the MPLT Google Calendar regularly for updates.
Forward this Message to a Friend »
Subscription Reminder: You're Subscribed to:
Marching Pride of Lawrence Township
using the address:
Lawrence Central/Lawrence North High Schools
Manage Your Subscription »
Unsubscribe Automatically »