Rehearsals and Performances:
- Friday, September 9, is the homecoming game at LN.
4:30 PM MPLT Rehearsal
5:15 PM FCV Set up arcs and rehearse Banner and LN fight song with MPLT
5:30 PM Dinner in LN cafeteria provided by MPLT band boosters
6:20 PM In arcs outside - final rehearsal
6:35 PM Transit to stadium
6:52 PM Pregame performance of Banner and LN fight song.
7:00 PM Kickoff.
9:00 PM Estimated dismissal time.
- The WISH-TV pep band consisting of various leaders will be performing at the WISH-TV Channel 8 news studio on the morning of Friday 9!
- The LN leaders need to be at LN by 4:45am. The LC leaders need to be at LC by 5am.
- We will all depart LC at 5:15am.
- There will be five small segments featuring the band starting at 6:30am.
- Students need to bring money for a breakfast stop after we leave the studio. Watch Channel 8 on Friday morning!
- Lawrence Central Marching Band Invitational - Saturday, September 17th
- This is a contest/fundraiser that provides a performance opportunity for the participating bands and a venue for our band to put on an exhibition of their show, giving them a full dress rehearsal with audience exposure and judges critique.
- LC Volunteer Information: You should have been contacted about your volunteer shift for the Invitational (this does not apply to LN). We need all LC marching band parents to volunteer for a successful event. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or text (317) 694-7674 to inform the Volunteer Coordinators whether you can do the afternoon or evening shift. This is one of our department's largest fundraisers and helps to fund marching band, winter percussion & winter guard, as well as other LCPAA performing arts.
- MPLT Volunteer Information: Any LC or LN parent who volunteers for a shift at the Invitational can watch the event for free (the admission fee for the LC Invitational is $7 per person). Volunteers will be given an opportunity to watch the Marching Pride perform. Please e-mail email@example.com or text (317) 694-7674, if you can help.
- Hospitality: We need 20 dozen home baked cookies, bars, or desserts to serve to the judges, directors and other guests of our event. Our Invitational is highly regarded for the quality of the meals we offer and especially the delicious desserts. Click here SignUp.com to sign up to bake for the LC Invitational.
- The Uniform Parents would like help at LN on Thursday evening starting at 6:30pm. Uniform bags need to be checked and have unitards added.
- All marchers must have (appropriate) black socks for the game Friday.
- All marchers, please review the uniform guidelines outlined on page 6 of the MPLT Handbook. No makeup or jewelry, all hair must be up in a bun and 100% tucked into the shako for boys and girls.
Spirit Wear Orders, Photos and More:
- “Across & Back” show shirt orders (placed on August 22) can be picked up next week in the LC Performing Arts office, or at the end of Thursday night practice on the 15th.
- Items available: Across and Back show shirts, hoodies or sweat shirts, personalized MPLT fleece blankets, personalized Garage Signs, MPLT Sweatpants.
- MPLT Photo Day will be on Thursday, September 29 at LC. Bateman Photography will be taking individual, section, group and senior photos. Watch for the order form and more information.
- It has been noted that some Pride to Pasadena t-shirts are defective. If you have a problem with your P2P shirt, please bring it to the Performing Arts office at LN or LC and we will get it replaced.
- Please click here to sign up for after school suppers.
- Suppers must be picked up and eaten at student’s home school at the end of the school day.
- Volunteers are needed at LN and LC to help distribute after school suppers. Contact Sue Felli at firstname.lastname@example.org or 317-694-7674.
· Volunteers are needed throughout the season for Meal Plan & More! Please follow the link to SignUp.com to browse volunteer positions, or contact the coordinator listed at the end of the newsletter. The Marching Band season really needs everyone to step up and help in some way!
- Fan Club will have Poppy's Kettle Korn for sale for $5 per bag at Thursday night practice on September 15. All proceeds will go to the MPLT Fan Club which goes right back to your student!
- We are all very proud of our Marching Band! While it is tempting to post a video of our amazing group on YouTube or Facebook to share with family and friends, please DO NOT post any portion of our "Across & Back" Show on the Internet. This includes all competitive performances, practices and half time performances at football games. There are strict federal copyright and sync laws that are in play, as well as stiff legal and financial penalties for posting marching band shows to the masses on social media. The directors GREATLY appreciate your cooperation! Thank you!
- All MPLT members and parents should sign up for Remind 101 to receive important updates and messages.
- The Annual MPLT Hayride is set for Thursday, October 13. Watch for information and requests for soup/chili/dessert donations on SignUp.com.
PRIDE TO PASADENA
- EXCITING NEWS! Thanks to successful fundraising efforts, Marching Pride families will not have to make the October or November payment for our trip to Pasadena. We thank our sponsors and volunteers who are making it possible to send over 200 marchers and staff to proudly represent our schools and Lawrence Township! Please help us as we continue to endeavor to make this trip possible for all MPLT families.
- ALL marching band members need to be signed up for the trip in order to receive the trip payments from the fundraising campaign. Click here for Music Travel Consultant’s trip packet, with instructions on how to register for the trip.
- Your efforts raised $7,459.56 during Tag Day!
Text to Donate:
- Text MPLT to 72727 or click here to donate to the Pride to Pasadena Campaign!
- Check Payments: All LC Students: make checks to LCPAA, all LN Students: make checks to LN Band. Payments can be turned in to the PA Office at either school.
- Credit Card Payments: Visa, MasterCard and Discover payments can be made at:
o LC: In the Performing Arts Office, call 964 7550.
o LN: Go to http://lnband.com/fees.php, or call the LN Performing Arts Office at 964-7951.
Mark your Calendar:
Th 9/8 Rehearsal LN 6:30pm – 9:30pm
F 9/9 Football Game @ LN (Homecoming) LN 4:30pm-9:30pm
S 9/10 Rehearsal LC 10:00am-5:00pm
M 9/12 Rehearsal LC 4:30pm-6:30pm
Tu 9/13 Rehearsal LC 4:30pm-6:30pm
Tu 9/13 Color Guard Rehearsal LC 6:30pm – 8:30pm
W 9/14 Color Guard Rehearsal LC 7:00am
W 9/14 No Rehearsal
Th 9/15 Rehearsal LC 6:30pm-9:30pm
F 9/16 Football Game @ LC (Homecoming) LC 4:30pm-9:30pm
S 9/17 Rehearsal & LC Invitational LC ALL DAY