Mandatory Parent Meeting:
- There will be a Mandatory Parent Meeting for MPLT parents at LN on Tuesday, 6/27/17 from 7-9pm
- The meeting will start in the LN Auditorium with general MPLT information for ALL parents, then there will be breakout groups for LN and LC specific information.
- All of your questions about the Parade, Band Camp, Fee Schedules and the Competition Season will be addressed.
- Make Band Camp check-in faster and your Marching Season smoother!
- Important information will be provided regarding the items that students need to bring for the week of camp, schedules, food, medical services, and much more.
- You will be able to make payments, complete financial agreements, turn in required forms, sign up for volunteer opportunities, and find out about fundraising opportunities.
- Dine to Donate at Chili Verde: Join other parents and families of the Marching Pride for a meal at Chili Verde, before or after the Mandatory Parent Meeting!
- Come between 11am and 10pm, Tuesday, June 27th, to Chile Verde, 7369 N Shadeland Ave.
- Mention Marching Pride at checkout (applies to carry out also), and 33% of your bill will be donated to the MPLT Fan Club!
2-9 Rehearsals and Forms:
- All MPLT members must sign up for Remind 101 to receive important updates and messages. It is highly recommended that parents also sign up.
- All MPLT apparel orders will be placed online this year. There will be a second order placed during Band Camp.
- Tag Day – Saturday, July 1: MPLT performers will visit local businesses and request donations from their customers, who will then receive a “tag” (a Marching Pride sticker) as a thank-you. Some marchers will act as traveling musicians to help “drum up” business! Join our Facebook Tag Day event page!
- Color Run: Marching Pride of Lawrence Township is hosting a My School Color Run on August 19, 2017 at Lawrence Park. Save the date! This is a FUN run. Times don’t matter, but how much color you can accumulate does!
Student Account Payments:
- All payments will be made to your home school's booster organization:
- Contact your home school’s performing arts assistant for billing questions:
- More volunteers are always needed from both schools for all events and committees. How can you get involved?
- Band Camp: We're using SignUp.com to organize volunteers for the 2017 MPLT Band Camp. Contact Delores Clark at email@example.com with your questions.
- Click this link for the 2017 MPLT Band Camp SignUp on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/MZKWbea
- Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
- Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com. Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
Freshman Orientation and Schedule/ID/Chromebook Pick-up:
- ALL Lawrence North Freshmen will complete Freshman Orientation on Wednesday, July 26 from 1:00pm - 4:00pm. Please register for this session.
- Students will eat lunch at LC, ride a shuttle bus to LN to take care of all business and then return to rehearsal at LC.
- ALL Lawrence North Upperclassmen will pick up schedules during a meal time.
- Shuttles will not be provided. Non-drivers, see your section leader.
- All Lawrence Central MPLT Members: Will be released to attend orientation and pick up schedules.
Save the Dates:
Day Date Event Location Time
M-F 6/26-6/30 Rehearsal LN 2-9pm
Tu 6/27 Mandatory Parent Meeting LN 7-9pm
Sa 7/1 Tag Day Community 8am-4pm
M 7/3 Rehearsal LN 2-9pm
Tu 7/4 Lawrence July 4th Parade LC 10am-12pm
Su 7/23 Band Camp Registration & Rehearsal LC 2-9:30pm
M-Sa 7/24-7/29 Band Camp LC 7am – 9:30pm
Sa 7/29 Parent Performance and Cookout LC 6-8pm
Check the MPLT Google Calendar regularly for updates.